This international technical webinar is part of the series organized by the FAO elearning Academy, Agreenium (l’alliance de la formation et la recherche pour l'agriculture, l'alimentation, l'environnement et la santé globale), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN-ESCAP) and Future Food Institute (FFI). These webinars are an opportunity for all of us to share experiences and lessons learnt, discuss challenges, and propose innovative solutions and models. They aim to provide a holistic and comprehensive view of current trends in thematic areas related to global challenges, by combining development, research, and innovation perspectives.
The main objective of these technical webinars is to give practitioners the opportunity to interact with international experts, United Nations officers, University professors, researchers and fellow participants, throughout the world. Webinars can be attended as interactive online sessions on Zoom, where sharing perspectives and asking questions to experts is encouraged. These sessions are also recorded and therefore available at any time, through the FAO elearning Academy: elearning.fao.org.
Wednesday 25th May 2022; 14:30-16:00 (Rome time)
Relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
- Goal 6: Clean water and Sanitation
- Goal 10: Reduced inequalities
- Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
Objectives of this session:
- Find out why monitoring price and public expenditure policies is key for agricultural transformation and food security;
- Explore data needs, challenges and benefits of policy monitoring tools; and
- Hear about a real-world example of how the MAFAP method was used to inform government policy in a partner country.
How to attend:
The webinar is free and open to everyone, provided you have the link to the platform.
To join the webinar session on Zoom, kindly register here.
We suggest you to use Google Chrome in order to join the webinar.
We also recommend you to check your time zone here.
For more information please visit the FAO elearning Academy elearning.fao.org
Feel free to explore the Digital Catalogue at https://elearning.fao.org/course/view.php?id=715