As part of its aim in supporting the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Youth 4 Climate Action Project (Y4CAP) resolved to host a webinar on human rights and youth, highlighting how they affect or are affected by the narrative of inequality. A report of the office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) on youth and human rights documents examples of discrimination and challenges young people face in exercising their human rights by virtue of their age. The report highlighted that age is one characteristic that often intersects, adds to and multiplies discrimination based on other grounds, preventing many young people from enjoying equal opportunities and substantive equality.
Friday, 14th May 2021
05:05- 06:20 pm (Fiji Time)
12:05 - 13:20 pm (Bangkok time)
11:05- 12:20 pm (Bangladesh time)
Check your time zone here.
Pallawish Kumar, Representative Y4CAP Fiji
- Mr. Akuila Sovanivalu, Representative from UN OHCHR Pacific
- Mr. Brian Kironde, Representative from UNFPA Pacific
- Mr. Anish Shrestha, Representative from UNMGCY
- Mr. Omar Faruk, Representative from YV4CA
Ms. Arti Sharma- Y4CAP Fiji
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the basic fundamental Rights of young people;
- Be familiar with approaches for integrating SDGs, HR, COVID and Youth; and
- Learn about the Human Rights Campaign and how to join this global initiative.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 837 5587 1421
Share this event!