To ensure representation of voices from the Asia-Pacific region on “Volunteering for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, we invite all individuals and/or institutions in Asia and the Pacific to share their expertise and knowledge products for the Evidence Library of the UNV global knowledge portal, which will be launched in 2020.
This initiative is part of the Global Technical Meeting (GTM 2020), which will be jointly organized by the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), under the theme “Reimagining volunteering for the 2030 Agenda”. The meeting will be held in July 2020 as a special event on the margins of the 2020 High-level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development. The GTM 2020 will take place at a critical juncture of the 2030 Agenda.
You can share published pieces offering data, insights and analysis that advance learning or increase the knowledge about volunteerism, including vis-à-vis other development issues. These can be reports, technical papers, guidance materials, contributing papers, findings, data sets, briefs or think pieces. The format can vary – from multimedia to print publications.
The messaging and content of the products should be relevant to volunteering and specific to the different thematic areas of the portal, specifically:
- Volunteering for the SDGs: Distinctive contributions of volunteering under specific SDG targets, including climate change, women’s empowerment, youth employment, etc.
- Enabling environment for volunteering: Nature and trends of volunteering, including an enabling environment vis-à-vis changing realities; Volunteering policy approaches; Changing terms of engagement and partnerships on volunteering, etc.
- Future trends: Issues relevant to volunteering which cover issues such as collaborative governance (governance of the commons), the future of work, with a focus on the Global South.
- Measuring the contribution of volunteering: Statistical measurement of the scale, scope and shape of volunteering across all contexts; Outcomes or impacts of volunteering from VIOs and other experiences.
HOW TO APPLY
- Each applicant (individual or institution) is required to submit the knowledge product and to fill in a short form at the following link: http://bit.ly/3784S
- Deadline: 30 January 2020
For more information, please download: