In this training, attendees will learn to use a freely-available QGIS plugin,Trends.Earth, created by Conservation International (CI) and have special guest speakers from the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) and UN Habitat. Trends.Earth allows users to plot time series of key land change indicators. Attendees will learn to produce maps and figures to support monitoring and reporting on land degradation, improvement, and urbanization for SDG indicators 15.3.1 and 11.3.1.
- Three 1.5 hour sessions, that include lectures, hands-on exercises. All available in English and Spanish.
- By the end of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Become familiar with SDG Indicators 15.3.1 and 11.3.1
- Understand the basics on how to compute sub indicators of SDG 15.3.1 such as: productivity, land cover, and soil carbon
- Understand how to use the Trends.Earth Urban Mapper web interface
- Learn the basics of the Trends.Earth Toolkit
See the recordings and presentations here.